Thursday, April 12, 2012

elevator view

 downtown chicago from the elevator at our hotel.
on the first floor, you could not see out, but as soon as you went up a bit - view!
 it was beautiful, and of course, changed with the time of day and weather.  
this morning, a group of four people got on at the first floor and clustered toward the door with their backs to the view.  they were really unhappy.  i'd never considered how it might feel to ride this elevator if you are afraid of heights.  
it was a beauty is in the beholder's eye moment.  
thoughts on see-outside elevators?
joy to you. 



3 comments:

  1. Ummm, yes, not sure, I would definitely be clinging to the back wall. The photos are spectacular but I'm guessing I might prefer them to the real thing. I think I would get head spins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm generally afraid of heights, but I can pretty much handle views like that. Safely enclosed, I'm okay. I couldn't allow anyone to put their hands on the glass and peer out though! Sweaty palm time!

    I'm envious of your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love seeing big city lights. I don't get so them often enough here. Teri

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...