Monday, April 29, 2013

in beauty may i walk - from the navajo


 In beauty                 may I walk
All day long           may I walk
Through the returning seasons     may I walk
Beautifully will I possess again
Beautifully birds
Beautifully joyful birds
 On the trail marked with pollen    may I walk
With grasshoppers about my feet     may I walk
With beauty before me      may I walk
With beauty behind me      may I walk
With beauty above me     may I walk
With beauty all around me      may I walk
In old age, wandering on a trail of beauty,
lively, may I walk
In old age, wandering on a trail of beauty,
living again, may I walk

It is finished in beauty
It is finished in beauty

translated by Jerome K. Rothenberg

this reminds me so of st. patrick's prayer - substitute "Christ" for beauty, and you have a very close sibling.

peace to you.

2 comments:

  1. This was a wonderful way to start my (very gray and rainy...and yet still beautiful, we need rain) day.

    Have a good week, dear. Can you feel the school year winding up? We can, although it feels like a surprise since it's been so cool. XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very beautiful. May everything be done with love and beauty xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...