top 5 reasons to read the illusion of separateness:
5. it's short. at 208 pages, you can read it in a weekend.
4. the beauty of the prose. like poetry, your imagination builds a clear picture on spare description.
3. the text jumps through time, and from one character to another. brief events happen, and the reader is unsure how or when they will connect.
2. the characters are warm-hearted. some are very lonely, and as the title says, their connections are invisible to them. for the most part.
1. events from world war II create the plot. a baby is given to a young woman, who saves him, marries, and when he reaches school age, tells him what she knows about his background.
i'll read it again one day soon.
the beauty of the written word.
joy to you!