Friday, May 11, 2012

casual friday - writing prompt

as a teacher, i give my students writing prompts.  
katie, at bramasole events, had this really funny and interesting one.  

if your parents bought you from a store, which one would it be?
why that one?  now we adopted our children, so this gave me pause for a minute, but in the spirit of fun here's my answer(s):

my parents got me from:
1.  a chocolate shop - all dark, the best quality.  sweet and healthy.
2.  a toy store - lots of energy and joy.
3.  an art supply store - because i help others create beauty. 

your turn-  was it a bookstore?  a fancy department store?
joy and laughter to you.





6 comments:

  1. Definitely a locally owned coffee/bookstore.... the owner couldn't wait to sell off the chocolate eating, coffee guzzling bookworm in the corner of the store....

    ReplyDelete
  2. writing prompts was the best part of teaching because It gave me a minute to pause while my students were complaining/writing :0
    Anyway, I think it was a fancy store like Bergdorfs or Neimans and I've been longing to go back since they kidnapped me!
    Have a lovely weekend and mother's day! Teri

    ReplyDelete
  3. A boutique homewares shop - an eclectic mix of useful, beautiful and random stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Noreen.
    I loved your answers # 3 my fav. I guess my answer will be a book store , why? for never being alone

    regards Val

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea, Noreen! I'm going to have to steal your number one (we share a love for high-quality, dark chocolate). I think I would be purchased from a boutique, one that sold everything from art, clothing, stationery, flowers, and books. All the items are lovingly selected/curated, made by artisans and craftsman, and beautifully displayed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My answer was the bookstore, but I gotta admit that the chocolate shop sounds good too! I love dark chocolate!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...