Monday, May 14, 2012

les mis


 have you ever seen "les mis"?



the music is powerful, and the story, dramatic.  in the newer version, the stage is not a rotating circle.  instead, they used video for moving backgrounds - very effectively!  for instance, during a scene in the paris underground, the tunnels darken and change as the characters walk.  the effect is spooky and realistic.  
one parenting note - this version is raunchier than the old one, so i would not bring children under 12 or so.  
all the next day, the music ran in my head.
beautiful theater.


3 comments:

  1. I saw Les Mis in high school and loved it. Your description of the newest production sounds interesting! I didn't know they updated it. Hm, now I'm thinking I need to see it again. Thank you for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, it was so many years ago I saw it when I lived in Sydney. The final battle scene still sticks in my mind and it's now decades since I saw it.That and "I Dreamed A Dream".

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never seen it! The theatre looks awesome. Teri

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...