it's back-to-school month, and many parents have mixed feelings. we love the relaxed schedule of summer, and really enjoy spending time with our children.
to focus on the positive, here are the top 5 things of this transition month:
5. the pool is still open, the fairs are happening, and you can still take the kids to a baseball game.
4. children get bored and restless in august. camps are finished, and kids need to be creative to entertain themselves. if your child says, "i'm so bored!", answer, "i'm happy for you! what are you going to do?" if they really can't think of anything, tell them i said to read a book!
3. children still have the time to finish summer homework. don't let your child wait until the last minute to do assignments.
2. fall sports are starting. kids on teams get exercise, structure, and time with friends. also, football fans start to get excited for their team.
1. school starts. everyone has to get up early, but the classroom is a lovely place. It is a warm community with lots of learning adventures.
what's on your list this august?
(casual friday back next week!)