Saturday, July 7, 2012

blog 1-year anniversary

 years ago, i bought a scrapbook and started taking pictures.  i put some of the pictures in the book, and called it the beauty of everyday life.  it was a start, but unclear and eventually left unfinished.
last july, i realized that it was time to start again, online.

here's my first post, july 10, 2011:

I've always wanted to make a picture book with the remarkable beauty of things - regular stuff - usable, made or natural.  It's time to capture this beautiful stuff.

now i realize there are many devoted bloggers who see and record their inspirations.  this community was a surprise!

so, today i would like to recommend some beautiful bloggers.  check out:

lauren at still + life
leah at sang the bird
maria at jamie says dream
catherine at farmhouse home
janine at shambolic living

theresa's beauty may involve shopping, music, or an interesting interview.  lauren's will include amazing photography and perhaps some of her lovely garden.  teri will remind us mid-country folks of the beautiful california beach culture, while leah's australian winter keeps a counterpoint to the heat and sunburns happening here.  maria has a quirky side, and each day includes a humorous photo.  catherine makes delicious meals and shares recipes.  janine, another aussie, is our community's erma bombeck - funny and smart. she'll have you laughing and recognizing your family's foibles at the same time. 


i am taking a break next week, so visit these lovely sites until i return with monday colors, on july 16th.
  
this year i found beauty
in art museums,
construction sites,
books,
food (thank you, students!),


humor,
 montessori materials, and most of all,


 outside.  


the beauty of people - not shown - is most important.  


enjoy visiting the wonderful bloggers listed above.
joy to you!

10 comments:

  1. Noreen-
    You sure did find beauty! It's so nice being a part of your blog family and friends! Have a fantastic week! Teri

    ReplyDelete
  2. noreen, happy blogiversary. i am so glad to have connected with you. i love your take on life and am so lucky to be part of your bloggy family. have a lovely break xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary! Thank you so much for including me in such a beautiful post, Noreen. I love all of your photos here. I come here each day for the beauty you find and share with us, and I look forward to much more. Enjoy your week, my dear! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy anniversary and thank you for the shout out. I love your beautiful photos and your very peaceful blog. Enjoy your holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy one year, Noreen! So happy to be on this journey with you. Thank you for including me in this list of amazing women. It's a wonderful and positive group. Yes, a surprising gift from blogging.
    Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy first year!! I am so glad you started this beautiful blog. LOVE YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Noreen, what a beautiful post..Happy Birthday to Beauty of Everyday Life! Thank you so much for including me in your list..very appreciative. Very happy and appreciative to be part of your blogging life also, I love your attitude to life and look forward to the beauty you will show us in the next twelve months. Catherine x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Feliz 1 año aniversario keep going dear friend congrats.
    Love your photos
    Val

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy 1st Blogging Birthday Noreen.

    I love the photos you chose and your attitude to life and teaching. x

    Thank you for alerting me. I only found out today so need my webcoder to look at this on Monday. I cannot work it out myself.. ... I'll leave my post up till Thursday... :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...