Friday, July 20, 2012

casual friday - nassau signs

loafing is an excellent word, and very descriptive.  there were folks around who looked like they would certainly loaf here if not for this clear directive.  hawking - also unusual and interesting.
i took a pretty picture of this sign, but really the area was close and urban.  this is what it looked like.
this sign was on a blank wall.  on call for what??  

how secret is it?

fine crafts, no entrance.
grand central hotel.  
there were many more.  "daddy's little pirate" and some rum wordplay.  
happy weekend!

8 comments:

  1. How fun! You're making me want to go on a trip somewhere. It's so fun to observe things other than what we see in our day to day routines. Have a great weekend! Teri

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the 'no loafing' sign. So brilliant.
    Happy weekend lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a graphic designer I'm always amazed at how people use signage.

    Thank you for a fun viewing:)
    Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome signs! I love how you're taking us through your vacation. I think my favorite sign is "Secret Sign Upstairs." But I always have a soft spot for Greeks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wantt to go to the secret bar upstairs with Heather.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hawking? Loafing? .. haha! I LOVE the taxi sign along with the horse carriage sign. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These funny signs you photographed remind me of a Jay Leno segment. He shares funny signs and newspaper ads. It's pretty hilarious...Like yours. You've got a great sense of humor, Noreen.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...