this book will absorb you and not let you close it. a story of two girls living in a rooming house, and their contact with a young man of a very different social class.
so here's the top 5 reason's i recommend this book -
5. the period - new years eve, 1937, through the year following.
4. the main character's love of books.
3. the car wreck! just when the story is moving plenty fast, watch out!
2. the words the characters use. they are from that time, yet sound modern.
1. the use of president washington's copying the rules of civility as a key plot device.
if you enjoy historical fiction, you may love this book.