one day when we lived in kansas city and my son was a toddler, i was trying to light the gas fireplace. the flames shot out and burned my eyebrows. it terrified me. what would have happened if i had gotten on fire, and my little one was playing behind me? i never used the fireplace again. we've lived now in this house for seven years, and never used it here either. until this christmas, when i got the best gift. my husband had a fireplace company come and check it, fix it up, and make it so easy to turn on and off. it warms up our family room. so for belated monday colors, here are the colors of cozy (and safe). what's beautiful where you are?